Job Title: Events Executive
Location: UK office – Hatfield
Contract type: Permanent. Full-time.
You will be assigned an event manager as a line manager, however you will be supporting assigned senior account handlers on a project-by-project basis.
- Day-to-day progression of events and marketing communication projects from writing briefs, allocating artwork to the studio, to management of print procedures. You will also work, under supervision, within a team to deliver larger-scale events
- Support events team in the administration of their accounts. This includes writing minutes of client meetings, database management, monitoring and managing project resources and budgets
- Constantly maintain the agency’s high levels of client service and quality standards – in particular, ensuring accuracy of work when released externally
- Sourcing and researching event ideas and solutions as appropriate to project requirements
- Onsite event support when required, to include occasional weekend / evenings, plus overseas travel
Internally, you will work within a team and support the agency’s event managers and/or account directors on a project-by-project basis. To fulfil these assignments, you will work closely with creative, artwork and digital teams.
Externally, you will be client facing and be in regular contact with suppliers.
- Time management – can manage your day-to-day schedules and prioritize against client and agency needs, with minimal supervision. Projects will run concurrently
- Attention to detail – ensure all details taken, finances, proofs and work produced is accurate and to a high standard, to ensure excellent levels of quality, even under pressure, following agency procedures
- Confident communication skills and standards of English language – whether dealing with clients, suppliers or colleagues, all written, telephone and face-to-face communication must be clear, professional and inspire confidence in the account executive and agency. Event executives will also be required to contribute to proof checking agency work
- Computer literacy – able to competently work with all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel and the internet. Knowledge of WordPress CMS desirable.
- Marketing intelligence – have basic understanding and appreciation of research methods, marketing communication principles and have a keen interest in keeping up-to-date with event industry trends
Communications, business studies, marketing or events management degree (2:1 or above)/CAM Diploma or CIM / AEO / EMI equivalent. Minimum of one year’s industry experience gained as part of degree course or post-graduate.
Must be able to reliably commute to Hertfordshire office.
CV and covering letter to email@example.com.